Table of Contents for
From Logos to Christos: Essays on Christology in Honour of Joanne McWilliam, edited by Ellen M. Leonard and Kate Merriman
Part One: Christology and Tradition
1. Ancient Applied Christology: Appeals to Christ in Greek Amulets in Late Antiquity |
2. Jesus of Canada? Four Canadian Constructions of the Christ Figure |
3. La christologie d’un apocryphe: une christologie apocryphe? Le cas des Actes de Thomas |
4. Jesus in Augustine’s Anti-Manichaean Writings |
5. The Seventh Canon of Ephesus |
6. Logos Christology Today |
7. Christ the Transformer of Culture: Augustine and Tillich |
8. Hooker on Divinization: Our Participation of Christ |
9. Logos Ecclesiology Revisited: The Church of the Triune God |
Part Two: Christology and Ethics
10. Deep Christology: Ecological Soundings |
11. Neither Male nor Female: Christology beyond Dimorphism |
12. Theological Implications of Mobile Hospitality |
13. Jesus Died for Our Sins: Redemption as an Ethic of Risk |
14. Lord of Two Cities: Christological or Political Realism in Augustine’s City of God? |
Curriculum Vitae of Joanne Elizabeth McWilliam
Publications of Joanne Elizabeth McWilliam
Jane Barter Moulaison is Associate Professor of Theology and Church History in the Faculty of Theology, University of Winnipeg, Winnipeg, MB.
Mary Ann Beavis is Professor and Head of the Department of Religion and Culture, St. Thomas More College, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, SK.
J. Kevin Coyle is Professor of Early Church History and Patristics, Faculty of Theology, Saint Paul University, Ottawa, ON.
Cynthia Crysdale is Professor of Theology and Ethics at the School of Theology, University of the South, Sewanee, TN.
Theodore de Bruyn is Associate Professor of Religous Studies, Department of Classics and Religious Studies, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON.
Pamela Dickey Young is Professor of Religious Studies, Queen’s University, Kingston, ON.
Michael A. Fahey, SJ, is Research Professor of Theology, Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA.
Deirdre Good is Professor of New Testament, General Theological Seminary, New York City, NY.
Roger Haight, SJ, is Scholar-in-Residence, Union Theological Seminary, New York City, NY.
Elizabeth A. Johnson, CSJ, is Distinguished Professor of Theology at Fordham University, New York City, NY.
Ellen M. Leonard, CSJ, is Professor Emerita of Systematic Theology, Faculty of Theology, University of St. Michael’s College, Toronto, ON.
The Right Reverend Victoria Matthews is Bishop of the Diocese of Christ-church in the Anglican Church of Aotearoa, New Zealand, and Polynesia.
Kate Merriman is an Anglican priest at All Saints Church and freelance editor, Toronto ON.
David Neelands is Dean of the Faculty of Divinity of Trinity College and Margaret E. Fleck Chair of Anglican Studies, Toronto, ON.
Paul-Hubert Poirier is Professor of Christian Origins and History of Christianity, Faculté de théologie et de sciences religieuses, Université Laval, Québec, QC.
Peter Slater is Professor Emeritus of Theology, Faculty of Divinity, Trinity College, in the Toronto School of Theology, Toronto, ON. Peter Slater and Joanne McWilliam were married in 1987.
Yves Tissot is Pastor of the Reformed Church of the Canton of Neuchâtel, Switzerland.
J. Robert Wright is St. Mark’s Professor of Ecclesiastical History, General Theological Seminary, New York City, NY.