Table of Contents for
Postcolonizing the Commonwealth: Studies in Literature and Culture, edited by Rowland Smith
1. Postcolonial/Commonwealth Studies in the Caribbean: Points of Difference |
2. Proximities: From Asymptote to Zeugma |
3. Looking in from “Beyond”: Commonwealth Studies in French Universities |
4. Climbing Mount Everest: Postcolonialism in the Culture of Ascent |
5. Afrikaners, Africans and Afriquas: Métissage in Breyten Breytenbach’s Return to Paradise |
6. Inheritance in Question: The Magical Realist Mode in Afrikaans Fiction |
7. Natal Women’s Letters in the 1850s: Ellen McLeod, Eliza Feilden, Gender and “Second-World” Ambi/valence |
8. Rural Women and African Resistance: Lauretta Ngcobo’s Novel And They Don’t Lie |
9. Five Minutes of Silence: Voices of Iranian Feminists in the Postrevolutionary Age |
10. FAS and Cultural Discourse: Who Speaks for Native Women? |
11. Can Rohinton Mistry’s Realism Rescue the Novel? |
12. Dislocations of Culture: Unhousing and the Unhomely in Salman Rushdie’s Shame |
13. A Vision of Unity: Braithwaite, Ngugi, Rushdie, and the Quest for Authenticity |
14. Cowboy Songs, Indian Speeches and the Language of Poetry |
Jacqueline Bardolph, the former Dean of Arts at the University of Nice, died in 1999.
Edward Baugh is a member of the Department of Literatures in English at the University of the West Indies (Mona) and (frequently) its Chair.
J. Edward Chamberlin is a member of the English Department at the University of Toronto.
Cherry Clayton has taught at the Rand Afrikaans University in Johannesburg and at the University of Guelph.
Margaret Daymond is a member of the English Department at the University of Natal, Durban.
Mac Fenwick is a graduate student of English at Queen’s University.
Johan U. Jacobs is Head of the School of Graduate Studies in the Faculty of Human Sciences at the University of Natal, Durban.
Alan Lawson is Deputy Director of the Graduate School and Dean of Postgraduate Students at the University of Queensland in Brisbane.
Laura Moss is a member of the English Department at the University of Manitoba.
Nima Naghibi is a graduate student of English at the University of Alberta.
Sheila Roberts is a member of the English Department at the University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee.
Stephen Slemon is a member of the English Department at the University of Alberta.
Rowland Smith is the Vice-President: Academic at Wilfrid Laurier University.
Susan Spearey is a member of the English Department at Brock University.
Cheryl Suzack is a graduate student of English at the University of Alberta.