It’s been another rough week, folks! But rather than getting bogged down in despair at the seeming indestructibility of the goddamn patriarchy, I’m think about something that brings me a little bit of hope: the generosity of critique, and the possibility of doing a little bit better every day. That’s something we can all manage, and it’s something that makes me feel a little less impotent. You know what else is hopeful? Kaarina’s beautiful meditation on the pleasures of fall. Here are some links!
- If you want to know more about the law suit I mentioned, here’s a good summary; if you have the means, donate to the GoFundMe here.
- Here’s the excellent article I mentioned about ableist language.
- If you’d like to read all of Chelsea’s thread on ableism for yourself, here it is.
- Go buy yourself a copy of Care Work: Dreaming Disability Justice, and learn more about Leah’s work!
- And finally, on a more seasonal note, never forget that it’s decorative gourd season.
The podcast theme song is “Mesh Shirt” by Mom Jeans off their album “Chub Rub.” Listen to the whole album here or learn more about them here. Follow me @hkpmcgregor, follow Kaarina @kaarinasaurus, and tweet about the podcast using #SecretFeministAgenda.
Secret Feminist Agenda is recorded and produced by Hannah McGregor on the traditional and unceded territories of the Squamish, Musqueam, and Tsleil-Waututh First Nations.