Look at this straight up celebrity who totally agreed to talk to me! Amber Nash, the voice of Pam Poovey on Archer and a renowned improviser, joined me to talk about improv and gender, learning how to be body positive from fictional characters, and exactly what time of the day you should take your baths. Other topics include how improv is like psychology, what it means to improvise like a man, and the degree to which playing a character known for saying incredibly filthy things might upset your mother. Amber is delightful! Here are some links!
- First, on gender and improv, here’s a three-part series from The Mary Sue on “how funny women navigate gender on stage.” Read them all: part one, part two, and part three.
- I finally found the Lupita Nyong’o interview where she talks about motion capture! It’s pretty brief, but it’s in this video.
- If you’d like to learn more about the history of Adult Swim and the role shows like Sealab 2021 played in building an audience for adult cartoons, check out this neat oral history.
- I tried to find something good to link here about Pam Poovey as a fat icon but literally everything I found was written by a dude; feel free to send me any relevant links and I’ll add them in here!
- Finally, I promised to link through to my Sad Christmas Jams playlist, so here it is.
Secret Feminist Agenda is recorded and produced by Hannah McGregor on the traditional and unceded territories of the Squamish, Musqueam, and Tsleil-Waututh First Nations.